A postpartum doula provides individually tailored emotional and practical in-home support. Services vary from family to family but often include:
- Advice on infant and parent sleep patterns
- Breastfeeding/bottle feeding support and assistance
- Suggestions and assistance with mother's birth recovery
- Guidance on newborn care
- Recognizing and responding to postpartum mood disorders
- Providing referral resources within the family's community
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Meal preparation - keeping cultural/religious traditions and recovery needs in mind!
- Assistance in sibling care
- Running errands
- Baby product reviews and recommendations
Postpartum Doula Rates: Available for days, evenings and overnights. 3-4 hour minimum for days/evenings and 6-8 hour minimum for overnights.
- Singleton - $45/hour*
- Twins - $50/hour*
*Payment plans available. I am available to work with a limited number of clients for sliding scale fees. If you don't think you can afford my services but would benefit from them greatly, please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss this.